A TRAVEL TOWARDS EXPLORING MYSELF...!!!!!!

My Dream destination!!!


Hmmmm..How and where do I start with?

A travel of 1449 Km from my home filled infinite miles of memories in my heart !!! :) :)

To be honest.. Words aren’t enough to tell about my experience. It’s out of the boundary 
But it’s worth sharing!

There is a saying.. “Travelling leaves you speechless and then turns you into a Storyteller”
:):)
So here goes my Story……

It was 5:00 AM in the morning as I woke up from my bed. I suddenly realized that the await is over and the day has come for me to travel. UTTARAKHAND!!! I murmured for a second. So many thoughts rambled in my head. I was excited, nervous, happy….It had been one of my dream destination since a very long time and when the day comes which finally fulfills our dream..our excitement has no limits :):)

I was all set with my bag and other things which I had to carry to the place. I took a flight around 3:00PM  to Delhi and reached by 6:30PM. My flight journey was a little scary as there was extremely bad weather in between but somehow managed to land safely :):)

I met my friend Nidhi in Delhi bus station and we boarded a Non-AC, Non Super Luxury bus to Rishikesh.
Sometimes, we need to forget all the luxuries and just enjoy the small things.  We spoke a lot..I was continuously talking and Nidhi couldn’t control my excitement. She said “Picture abhi baaki hai mere dosth.” :D :D
We reached Rishikesh around 2:30AM. We made a plan on how to roam around the city and took a small nap later to energize ourselves. :):)


Next day, Aunty (Nidhi’s mom) made hot yummy aloo ka parathas with ghee. We hogged and then started to roam around the city with our partner (Scooty).I have named it as buddy  :):)


Rishikesh:

Well, my day started off with a 12 KM of Ganga River Rafting which has been one of my dream. I was super excited when I was buying the tickets at the counter. But the moment, I saw the water, my heartbeat went haywire. I was not ready to get into the boat at all because the water was really scary. But then, I thought, it is now or never and I got into the boat. I would have missed a beautiful ride if I would have not gone for it. Rafting was so amazing that I went speechless after I got down from the boat. The trainer in the boat was super crazy  :):)
 Sitting in the boat, eating super hot Maggie in the middle of Ganga water was another memorable moment.
And then, we went to Neer Gaddu waterfalls. It was so pleasant. The scooty ride was awesome. We drove on the scariest hilly road. Driving always drives me crazy  :):)





Ganga Ma aka aarti at Triveni Ghat during the sunset was breathtaking. Spirituality filled around the surroundings with bhajans. It was a true blessing to be a part of Ganga aarti.

The view from Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula in between the Ganga river made me feel heavenly.
I cannot end the day without talking about the food.   :):)

There is a small hotel called Chotiwala restaurant. The speciality of the restaurant is, A person sits in the restaurant like a king wearing the costume exactly like how it is shown in the pic below.
There is always a huge crowd around the place. People visit the hotel only to see him. I couldn’t click the pic because of the crowd  :):)



Chatpata chole kulcha which was made by a kaka on the cycle tasted extremely delicious  :):)

I would really thank Buddy for accompanying us the whole day, coz we actually covered the entire Rishikesh on scooty  :):)


Mussoorie, Kempty Falls and Dehradun:

Hmmm… Mussoorie also called the Queen of the Hills. It’s not just queen but it’s beyond what I have imagined. The place was so beautiful that I just cannot express it in words. You can actually imagine yourself alone on the top of the mountain (very close to Himalayas). How it feels??

 Almost PARADISE  :):)


Momos in Mussoorie were super tasty. The chowmein and the phoolam fruits as well  :):)





Mussoorie tradition costume was exciting. Kempty Falls were pleasant. We had an overwhelming ride to Dehradun. The place was extremely beautiful.

Haridwar:

Blessed to visit one of the seven holiest places in India. Haridwar and the Har ki Pauri ghat on the banks of Ganges were really breathtaking.
  
    Let me share you a small story about this ghat. When there was a distribution of Amrith during the ksheer sagar manthan, between the devatas and the Rakshas, a small quantity of Amrith has fallen into the ganga river in Haridwar from the sky when Garuda was carrying it. Hence, it is called Har ki Pauri ghat. It’s one of the most powerful Ganga ghat in the country.





Chilla Dam Road:

A perfect scenic view. A narrow road in between the mountains on one side and Ganga River on the other side. It was a fantastic ride  :):)




I should actually thank Rahul (Nidhi’s friend..Eventually became my friend too  :):)) for taking me to all the places and the food made by Rahul’s sister in Haridwar was super duper delicious. Rajma-chawal, Chole puri, Sweet, Raita…hmmmm yummm.. I can imagine the taste ..Thanks Rahul  :):)



Every travel teaches you something. I went to explore myself. But Keeping all these things aside. I have actually met some of the amazing people in Uttarakhand. People there were very very pure hearted. The way they received me was so amazing. I felt like a queen  :):)
    Their traditions were inspiring, the way they interact with others touches your heart. Just so peaceful.
I was really surprised to see their way of living. It’s a very small city. In fact, pilgrimage centre. They don’t have multiplexes or five star hotels like how we do. All they can find is ghats around and spirituality. But they enjoy themselves more than us. It’s all about how pure and happy we are. Inner light of happiness is what is required. 
   I have learned so many positive things from each and every person I have met in Uttarakhand. 
 Thanks a ton to everyone who made my trip a very very special one :)

It had been one of my most memorable trip ever. Every second I spent there will be treasured and cherished.











Comments

  1. Wahh !! Your words have the bliss of what you experienced. Keep on writing and I wish you all travel going ahead ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahh !! Your words have the bliss of what you experienced. Keep on writing and I wish you all travel going ahead ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much..:) Yeah sure will keep writing :D

      Delete
    2. Waw Teju...ur description just awsmmm.....that was a great trip .thank u for made my trip awsm

      Delete
    3. Thank u soo much nidhi...this wouldn't have been possible widout you :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one. After reading, I could able to recollect my trip. Actually, I also had roti in Chotiwala. :-) I love Rishikesh so much, the tranquility over there mesmerises me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks annaya..Yes the tranquility is great!! :)

      Delete
  5. Nice one.After reading i felt as if i traveled all these places.Share if you have more experiences like these :)

    Akshay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Akshay..:) Yes definitely will share my experiences..:)

      Delete
  6. Awesome lines ..... i never read before this type of blog about Uttarakhnd trip. Thanks for sharing @nidhi

    ReplyDelete
  7. two journeys.. one external .. a classic example you provided with wonderful prose :-) thank you for sharing... the other inward journey ... definitely not confined to the so called oldies... but for youth.... until a new you (if it is there) to be discovered or rather for now invented... wishing you a continuous blessings from mindfulness, Raju Gogulam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much sir for your blessings :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you soo much sir for your blessings :)

      Delete
  8. That's a tremendous piece of experience. When I started reading the post I felt like I was there in that place by myself. You got serious mix of writers in you. The narration was awesome and livewire. keep blogging :):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lindakat Thank you very much ...this comment means a lot to me :):)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday Letter to my Princess!